Monday, October 18, 2010

Coffee Pens: Day 4 of Scenty

Okay, so I have my first party booked! I am having a party on Sunday which will be Scentsy Day 10. I have a lot to get done before that party! These pens are a complete pain to make but they are cute!

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

1. Fake flowers. I got mine at Hobby Lobby while they were having a 50% off floral sale. I got 12 flowers and they were about 10 dollars.

2. Pens. You want to make sure that you dont get the click pens. I bought a 12 pack at staples for two dollars.

3. Floral tape. I got mine from Hobby Lobby for 2 dollars.
4. Whole Bean Coffee. I bought mine at Walmart for 5 dollars.

5. Hot Glue Gun

Keep in mind that you will have a TON of coffee, and floral tape left. So it will be much cheaper next time you make them.

STEPS TO MAKE THE COFFEE PENS:
1. Wrap the pen in floral tape. The pens that I bought had a grip and I stopped wrapping them at the grip. I would recommend doing the same because the tape gets sticky. This way people dont have to get the glue from the tape on their fingers.

2. Pop the flower off from the stem. You literally just pull it apart
3. Remove the "fluff" from the center of the flower. In all three kinds of flowers that I purchased there was a plastic piece in the middle of the flower that had a...carpet? of flower stuff covering it. You just want to remove the carpet fluff and leave the center piece. You can just rip it off, but you kind of have to get your fingers in there. Its not as easy as you would think! This is the flower with the carpet taken off and the carpet stuff that was taken off the center.

4. Hot glue the beans smoooth part up onto the center plastic piece. I tried to do inside working out, and outside working in. It was pretty much the same either way. You are going to have to layer the beans to cover gaps.


5. Hot glue to flower to the end of the pen. I wrapped mine with more floral tape at the top to cover the hot glue. That's it! Your done!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, how amazing!! Great job and I hope you are still going strong. I just joined Scentsy so I may have to try this pen craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly an awesome idea! I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete